Friday, July 18, 2008

Oh Lord!

Oh lord!
See how my pen quivers
As I begin to write for You
For words fall worthless
What am I?
But a speck of dust before Thy glory
But I can boast off my luck
For I am Thy creation
Oh Lord!
You reside in the realms of my soul
Thou art beauty, glory, sanctity, and sublimity
Thou art beyond wordily description
Oh Lord!
Let me sip from the wine of Thy love
And let me calm my burning lips
I tremble, I fear
For I am too low a creature
And my beloved so great
Oh Lord!Though I am living in nothingness
Yet deny me not a share of Thy love
Give me the honor of tracing Thy glorious steps
I am weak and I fear
I may not praise You too well
For Thou art beyond expression, beyond exaltation
Oh lord!
I plea thee, for the immensity of my heart
So I can replete it with Thy love
How ignorant I am
For I boast off of worldly love
Give me the reason, the valor
To elevate myself, with Thy love
Sow a seed of your love
In my heart, my soul
For I want to spend my life
Caring, honoring, pruning it
Oh Lord!
Here I am, head and heart
Ready to suffer at love’s threshing-floor
Sift me of my sins
For I want to be Yours, Yours and Yours
Thou grant and I beg
Fill my hollow self
Alleviate this suffering
Hush this painful rattling
Mollify this agitated heart
Thou art light and I am the resident of darkness
Enlighten my existence
For I want Thy holy flame to burn inside me
Forever and ever

No comments: