Friday, July 18, 2008

Penitence

Either I am lost, in the pain of my self
Or I have slept under the coverlet of thy angst
Since ages I was a rambler
In the radiance of your faith
In your love, your sweetness, your myth
I devoted my obsession, my poetry to you
My songs, my mornings, my nights to you
Thy pain, worldly pain was my only cry
From your door to your porthole
I could only fly
But in a split second, a blast
Held me, my life
It woke me up from the hallucination of my life
On every parchment of my thought
I could hear the cloudburst of tears
My profundity showed me unbounded fears
Slashed bodies, stunned faces
Insipid, wrecked, sapped faces
I was dazed, along with my words
To see Messiah himself, the god of tormentors
These torturing, tormenting sights
Crammed me with dread
Blood instead of ink, was ubiquitously spread
Hither were the mountains of worldly pain
Thither human lips, with blood were stained
It was in these noises
That I lost my love
Every yearning, pining, prayer
Was covered with a glove
It is now that I need to engrave
About something other than you
I have to inscribe about the pain of life
In me, you will always find salvation
I will always be there to fill you
In the lap of my affection
I will make penitence for my love
But I wont be able to make amends
For the prayers of life
I wont be left with time
To do it later…
I have to do it now…now
Before it’s too late
Release my words from the shackles
Of your affection
Set me free….oh set me free!

3 comments:

BIDAR NEWS said...

read "your" writings, good ones.impressed by your collection/read books.incidently visited your blog when I clicked on 'journalism' in my blog sujeel.blogspot.com.

BIDAR NEWS said...

read "your" writings, good ones.impressed by your collection/read books.incidently visited your blog when I clicked on 'journalism' in my blog sujeel.blogspot.com.

aaishah abu bakr said...

thanks